Details:Jim Scully framed print depicting the Ha'penny bridge. Officially known as the Liffey bridge, the Ha'penny bridge was built in 1816. Before the bridge was built, seven ferries operated by William Walsh were used to transport pedestrians across the river, however as they were in disrepair he was informed that he must fix them or build a bridge. Choosing the latter option, Walsh was allowed to charge a ha'penny to anyone crossing it for 100 years, hence the name, the Ha'penny bridge. Designed and created in Dublin, Ireland.