J & Z Blackman is located on Anne Street, Dublin. Large silver Tara Brooch. The original Tara brooch was found on Bettystown Beach in 1850, dating form the 7th century AD. It eventually made its way to the hands of George Waterhouse, a Dublin jewellery dealer who had already begun to produce Celtic revival jewellery. He named it the 'Tara Brooch', after the Hill of Tara where the High Kings of Ireland sat. In 1872 the brooch made its way to the Royal Irish Academy, and eventually to the National Museum of Ireland.
|Brand||J & Z Blackman|